What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Personal information: This includes your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us, subscribe to our newsletter, or leave a comment on our website.
- Automatically collected information: This includes your IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, language preference, referring URL, pages visited, time spent, and cookies. We use this information to analyze our website traffic, improve our services, and provide you with a personalized user experience.
- Third-party information: This includes information we receive from third-party services that we use to enhance our website functionality and performance. For example, we use Google Analytics to measure and report our website statistics, Mailchimp to manage our email marketing campaigns, and Disqus to enable commenting on our website. These third-party services may also collect some information from you, such as your IP address, browser type, device type, and cookies. You can find more details about their privacy practices on their respective websites.
How do we use your information?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services: We use your information to deliver our website content, respond to your inquiries, send you our newsletter, moderate your comments, and improve our website functionality and performance.
- To communicate with you: We use your information to send you service-related messages, such as confirmations, updates, notifications, and security alerts. We may also send you marketing messages, such as newsletters, promotions, and offers, if you have given us your consent or if we are otherwise permitted by law. You can always opt out of receiving marketing messages by following the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting us at Contact Us.
- To comply with legal obligations: We use your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as tax laws, data protection laws, and court orders.
How do we share your information?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We may share your information with third parties in the following situations:
- With your consent: We may share your information with third parties when you have given us your explicit consent to do so. For example, if you participate in a contest or a survey that is sponsored by a third party, we may share your information with that third party if you agree to it.
- With service providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that help us operate our website and provide our services. For example, we use Google Analytics to measure and report our website statistics, Mailchimp to manage our email marketing campaigns, and Disqus to enable commenting on our website. These service providers only have access to the information they need to perform their tasks and are contractually obligated to protect your information and use it only for the purposes we specify.
- With legal authorities: We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, or other authorities if we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may disclose your information to comply with a subpoena, a court order, or a legal process.
How do we protect your information?
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure. We use secure servers, encryption technologies, firewalls , and password protection to safeguard your information. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. If you have any questions about the security of your information, please contact us at [email protected].
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide our services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. The retention period may vary depending on the type and purpose of the information. For example, we may keep your contact information for as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter, or we may keep your comments for as long as they are relevant to our website content. When we no longer need your information, we will delete it or anonymize it in accordance with our data retention policy.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you visit a website. They help us recognize you, remember your preferences, analyze our website traffic, and deliver relevant ads. We may also use other technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, or local storage, that perform similar functions.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of our website and cannot be switched off. They enable basic features, such as navigation, security, and accessibility. For example, we use essential cookies to remember your language preference and keep you logged in.
- Performance cookies: These cookies help us measure and improve our website performance and user experience. They collect anonymous information about how you use our website, such as the pages you visit, the time you spend, and the errors you encounter. For example, we use performance cookies to monitor our website statistics using Google Analytics.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable us to provide you with enhanced functionality and personalization. They remember your choices and settings, such as your username, email address, and comment history. For example, we use functional cookies to enable commenting on our website using Disqus.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used by us or our third-party partners to deliver relevant ads to you based on your interests and online behavior. They also help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. For example, we use advertising cookies to show you ads from Mailchimp or other advertisers that may interest you.
You can manage your cookie preferences by clicking on the “Cookie Settings” button on our website. You can also change your browser settings to block or delete cookies. However, please note that some of our website features may not work properly without cookies.
What are your data rights?
You have the following rights regarding your personal information that we hold:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we have.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we have about you.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we no longer need or have a legal basis to keep.
- Restriction: You have the right to request that we limit the way we use or process your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our use or processing of your personal information for certain purposes, such as direct marketing or legitimate interests.
- Portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your personal information to another service provider in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Withdrawal of consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use or process your personal information at any time.
- Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that we have violated your data rights or applicable data protection laws.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame and in accordance with applicable laws.
How do you contact us?
Grachten.net Address: 123 Canal Street, Amsterdam 1016 NL Email: [email protected] Phone: +31 20 123 4567
for mor Contact